CARAVAL- STEPHANIE GARBER

*Book Review*

Author- Stephanie Garber
Genre- Fantasy, Romance
Rating- ⭐/5

Scarlett and Donatella Dragna wished for just one thing their entire lives- witnessing Caraval, the majestic circus and its mysterious ringmaster Legend.
One fine day, their wish comes true and Legend himself invites them to the game.
But can Tella and Scarlett manage to escape their abusive father and reach the faraway island on right time?
Is it really just a game?

🎭🎭🎭

Yes. One star is all that I could spare for this book which cost me quite a fortune.
I have never ever come across a more stupid and brainless plot & characters.
From the very beginning, I couldn't understand why on earth is the father so abusive and cruel?
Why are you so cruel to your own daughters? Thrashing them left right and centre. Killing their boyfriends by literally drowning (!).
I mean, if you are sketching out a grey character atleast put some shades. And give the readers some legit reasons to hate. Throughout the book there seems to be not a single explanation for this.
And please tell, which 'protective' father ever let her daughter sleep with her mysterious fiance in the same room and dismissing it as ' things gonna happen anyway soon, why not tonight itself'.

🎭🎭🎭
Scarlett is the weakest and stupidest female protagonist I've come across till now. (Alina seems better now)
And boy she is selfish. Though claiming to play the game to find her sister Donatella but when it counts she always choses her priorities, which is always something pertaining to her future marriage and husband
Donatella is another thick headed tool sister who is just as stubborn.
And in their mess, joins Julian the perfect himbo.
🎭🎭🎭
The most problematic part of this novel for me was how badly it objectifies the male characters.
Every other page Scarlett is sweating over Julian's abs or something else.
No, I don't want to read about a woman's hourglass waist, neither do I want to know about chiseled abs.
🎭🎭🎭
By the time I reach the last 50 pages, it became so excruciatingly painful that I couldn't care less if both the sisters jumped off some random balcony.
That ending would have suited me better.
In the end I would like to say because I want to sound mysterious and elusive
' Remember, it's only a game'.
So read at your own risk


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Thursday Murder Club